Insurance Company Independent Medical Examination
Workers compensation insurance carriers auto insurance carriers and self insured employers have a legal right to this request.
Insurance company independent medical examination. In some circumstances insurance companies are permitted to require a person seeking statutory accident benefits to undergo an independent medical examination. However these exams are rarely neutral and are often used to support the company s decision to deny your claim. Imes are an independent evaluation of your medical condition conducted by a medical professional. These doctors can make vast sums of money performing these one time exams.
What is an independent medical examination. In our experience these exams are often anything but independent some insurance companies hire the same doctors over and over again to conduct examinations. Sadly the purpose is to create a medical excuse for an insurer to avoid paying on a valid claim. To do this it may order an examination with an allegedly independent doctor.
What to do if the insurance company schedules an independent medical examination in a workers compensation case. After an accident the insurance needs to investigate your claim and injuries. Although imes are intended to be independent and without bias it is essential to know whether the examiner is evaluating you on the behalf of your lawyer or the insurance company. An independent medical examination may be conducted at the behest of an employer or an insurance carrier to obtain an independent opinion of the clinical status of the individual.
Doctors are paid handsomely for providing this service. What is an independent medical exam ime. This process is referred to as an independent medical. The outcome of these exams called independent medical examinations imes in most states can significantly affect your workers comp case and how much you ll receive in benefits.
When a policy holder makes a claim for personal injuries with an insurance company the insurer may have a right to order an independent medical examination. An independent medical examination ime exam is neither independent nor medical the doctor is selected by an insurance company. If you have filed a workers compensation claim because of a work related injury or illness at some point the workers compensation insurance company might require you to be examined by a physician of its choice. In other circumstances insurance companies demand an examination simply to delay paying what they owe or as a trap for the unwary patient so the insurer can avoid paying altogether.
- Insurance Underwriter Salary Range
- Insurance Terminology Treaty Definition
- Life Insurance For Veterans Over 60
- Insurance Website In India
- Medical Insurance Companies In Ky
- Iowa Health Insurance License Renewal
- Life Insurance For Us Veterans
- Insurance Underwriter Jobs In Florida
- Insurance Terms Unearned Premium Reserve
- Largest Health Insurance Companies Market Share
- Kemper Insurance Birmingham Al Address
- Insurance Underwriting Year Definition
- Life Insurance For Small Business Owners
- Insurance Verification Jobs Remote
- Marsh Insurance Activity Declaration Form
- Medical Insurance Companies Wv
- List Of Insurance Companies Giving Money Back
- Insurance Types Of Reserves
- List Of General Insurance Companies In India
- Insurance Services Office Inc 545 Washington Blvd